Steven Taitz, Founding PartnerS
teven Taitz was born in the Bronx, New York, on February 19, 1956. Mr. Taitz is a founding partner of the firm. He concentrates his practice in state and federal litigation, particularly in the areas of creditors’ rights, commercial litigation and criminal court matters.
He has worked extensively with and lectured for the Suffolk County Academy of Law and remains active in the Suffolk County Academy of Law, Suffolk County Bar Association and Commercial Law League of America. He has written on the subject of federal forfeitures.
Following graduation from law school in 1982, he served as an Assistant State Attorney under Janet Reno in Dade County, Florida, where he served as an assistant in the Narcotics Unit and as a Felony Division Chief. He is very active in the community serving on the Board of Directors of the Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Center, the advisory board of the Brookhaven Youth Court, the Rotary Club of Patchogue and as a past trustee of the Bayport-Blue Point Public Library.
Mr. Taitz has been listed in Who’s Who of American Lawyers and Who’s Who of Emerging Leaders in America.
- The John Hopkins University (B.S., 1978)
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., 1982)
- Florida (1982)
- New York (1989)
- Second, Seventh and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals. United States District Courts for the Eastern, Southern, Western and Northern Districts of New York, the District of Connecticut and the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida.
- Litigation in State, Federal and Bankruptcy Courts
- Criminal Defense in State and Federal Courts.
Affiliations, Achievements and Honors:
- Director, Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center
- American Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association (Director, 1998-2001); Past Chair of Criminal Court Committee,
- Federal Court Committee; Chair Multi-Disciplinary Task Force; Judicial Screening Committee
- Former Director of Suffolk County Academy of Law; Commercial Law League of America, Federal Bar Council; American Trial Lawyers Association and National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Rotary Club of Patchogue
- Long Island Mid-Suffolk Business Association
- Brookhaven Youth Court
- Trustee for Bayport-Blue Point Library (1998-2001)