Les Taroff, PartnerL
ester P. Taroff was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on November 7, 1945.
He has been in practice since 1972. He graduated from Long Island University in 1968;, attended Brooklyn Law School and graduated in 1971. He was then admitted to the New York State Bar in 1972.
Mr. Taroff is a Partner in the Firm and concentrates his practice in the following areas: Creditors’ Rights Law; Commercial Debt Collection; Commercial Litigation and Judgment Enforcement.
Mr. Taroff is a frequent lecturer on the subject of creditors’ rights, and is active in several law associations and organizations. He served as co-chair of the Creditors Rights Law Committee of the Suffolk County Bar Association; was the Vice President of the Commerical Lawyers Conference of New York and serves on the Global Debt Collection Summitt Advisory Board.
- Long Island University (B.A., 1968)
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D.,1971)
- New York State (1972)
- United States Supreme Court;
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit;
- United States District Court for the Eastern, Southern, Northern and Western Districts of New York.
- Creditors’ Rights
- Commercial and Retail Debt Collection
- Commercial Litigation
- Judgment Enforcement
Affiliations, Achievements and Honors:
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Commercial Law League of America; (Member Committees on the Federal Fair Debt
- Collection Practices Act; Forwarders and Receivers and Laws and Legislation)
- Commercial Lawyers Conference of New York (former Vice President)
- Founder and past Chair of the Creditors’ Rights Law Committee of the Suffolk County Bar
Association (1996 to 1998, 2005 to 2007)
- Co-Chair and Founder of Bank-Attorney-Government-Agency Interface Committee
- Frequent lecturer on creditors’ rights matters.