Linda D. Calder, CounselL
inda D. Calder is of counsel to the firm and concentrates her practice in commercial litigation and general civil practice. She joined the firm in 2003 following six years of general practice in Riverhead and fifteen years of litigation practice in Manhattan.
In addition to her general practice skills, Ms. Calder brings to the firm her considerable background in pretrial discovery, motion practice and appellate work. She was senior law clerk to the Honorable Constance Baker Motley during Judge Motley’s tenure as Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. Ms. Calder has represented individuals, small businesses and giant corporations in everything from residential real estate closings to multi-defendant tort cases.
Ms. Calder was born in Alberta, Canada and became a U.S. citizen in 1998.
She resides in Westhampton.
- Northwestern University Medill School of Journalism (B.S., 1971)
- New York Law School (J.D. cum laude, 1981) Law Review
- New York State (1982)
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the
- Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third and Ninth Circuits
- Commercial Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- General Practice
- Real Estate
Affiliations, Achievements and Honors:
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York
- National Board of Advisors, The Baldwin School, Bryn Mawr, PA
- Center Great Neck LLC v. Rite Aid Corp., 292 A.D.2d 484 (2d Dep’t 2002)
- Ray v. Zoning Board of Appeals, 282 A.D.2d 464 (2d Dep’t 2001)
- Centre Great Neck Co. v. Penn encore, Inc., 276 A.D.2d 735 (2d Dep’t 2000)